List the experiences that have made you feel that you are living life to the fullest:
- Giving birth
- Moving to Beaver Island
- Moving to East Lansing to finish college. I was thirty-four years old, newly divorced with two young daughters, and I’d never lived in a city before. And it was a wonderful experience!
- Sailing from Beaver Island to Port Huron…on a 29′ sailboat…as part of a 3-person crew…in October!
- Traveling to Grand Turk Island to work on an archaeological dig
- Riding in a bi-plane as it performed dips and spins and barrel rolls.
- Travel. There have been many memorable trips with family and friends. Some stand-outs: Chicago with my daughter, Jen. We ate at a wonderful Italian restaurant, went to a show of Jasper Johns work, and explored the city together, just the two of us; Florida with my sisters, the winter after my mother died. It was tearful and poignant, relaxing and fun, and oh-so-necessary for every one of us; Chicago with my sisters and a couple nieces for Mother’s Day weekend, the first Mother’s Day that our own mother was no longer with us. Connecticut with my daughter, Kate, and her family. We went to see my oldest grandson and his new baby. That alone would have been wonderful. Kate, though, is a good one to travel with: she researches and plans, leads side-excursions and detours, to make every single trip a memorable one.