I don’t have much time: tonight I’m packing for five days away. Today has been filled with the usual “running around like a chicken with her head cut off” behavior that is fairly normal for a day off work, exaggerated by preparing for a trip. Before I let my Tuesday get completely away from me, I have a few random thoughts – in no particular order – to share.
- I love having young people next door! I loved my last neighbors, too, but since the house sold it has been a great pleasure having a young family there. Tonight, one little fluffy owl and an even smaller lumberjack stopped over for trick-or-treat. What a joy! And their sweet parents even brought presents for me!
- You know how your computer seems to know what your interests are, and present you with ads that will appeal to you? If I have recently looked at clothes or books or shoes, similar items show up in my browser. Well, for the last week – ever since I fell victim to a computer scam – the ads in my browser all have to do with pigs. So far, I’ve seen ads for hog feed, a treatment for hog hooves, a dietary supplement and an anti-lame medicine for hogs. I don’t know what to make of it. It’s a little intriguing…and a little humiliating to think that perhaps the people that scammed me are not computer experts…but pig farmers.
- Last year, fall lingered. Every single day was a different show as the colors progressed through each glorious stage. Every week, I’d think, “Oh, these colors are at their peak,” only to have them outdone by the next week, and the next, and the next. This year, the season is not lingering. After a September that seemed more like a month of summer, we rushed into fall…and kept right on rushing. Many of the stages of fall color were obliterated by pouring rain, or erased by strong winds. Today, we had our first snow.
- After more than a year of going back and forth about it, Rosa Parks seems to have remembered that she likes to go for a walk. Darla has never needed convincing. It always kind of put a damper on our outing, though, when we had to leave Rosa Parks at home. Lately, it has been a pleasure to have her with us, wagging her little tail all the way down the road!
- My daughters and I are getting together this weekend, and I’m so excited about it, I could burst! I’m looking forward to catching up on both of their lives, having lots of laughs and good conversation. On that note…I’m off to finish packing!