List the things you want to add to your life:
- Travel. Not a lot, but there are things I’d like to see and experience, that are farther than what my small world encompasses right now.
- Culture. One big gap in my life right now is the ability to visit galleries and museums.
- Learning. I have never really quit learning, but I’d love to have time for some classes and workshops.
- Pleasure. I have a darn good life. I appreciate it, most of the time, and I’m happy. That’s different than pleasure, which comes from interaction and shared experience with others. My dogs bring pleasure to my life. Without them, I’d rarely speak out loud at home, let alone laugh out loud. Still, I could use to add more pleasure to my days.
- Relaxation. It seems that even when I have time for rest, I turn it into a quest for productivity. “The German work ethic,” I joke. I suppose I get it from my father, who never took a single vacation that wasn’t a working vacation. I would like to learn to just relax…to walk without needing to have it be a health and aerobic geared outing…to read without having to take notes, underline, remember and – at the very least – be enriched by the experience…to watch a movie without having to be drawing, crocheting, folding clothes or writing at the same time. By the time I retire (which right now I think of as that time when I will finally be able to devote myself to working in the studio, working in the garden, keeping chickens and finishing a whole long list of home repairs), I hope I have learned to just Relax!