List the things that make you feel peaceful:
- Water. Being in it or just being close to it. The sound of waves, the movement of water.
- Sunrises. Ah, relief, that the earth is still on its axis, and another day is before me.
- Sunsets. The day comes to an end, and all is right with the world.
- The moon. One luminous point in the night sky, whose position and shape help to mark the passage of hours and weeks.
- Soft clouds in blue sky.
- Fluffy pillows and soft blankets.
- The poetry of Mary Oliver.
- A dog sleeping in my lap.
- A warm beverage.
- A glider. My grandmother used to have one, and I’ve always found that gentle, back and forth movement soothing.
- A rocking chair. Ideally, gentle rocking while singing a lullaby, with a sleeping baby in arms.