Not counting today, considering that I published a blog on December 31, 2015 (before the start of my year-long writing commitment!) and that February had twenty-nine days this year, I have posted a bit of writing 265 days in a row! I think I may finally have run out of things to say! At least it seems I am coming up empty this morning. I have nothing to offer but a few random bits.
- I finally got my SD card reader in the mail, and figured out how to get my photos from the camera to the new computer!
- After another rain, the blackberries are still ripening on the bushes. I went picking again yesterday, and put another two quarts of berries in the freezer.
- I enjoyed homemade flat bread pizza for dinner last night, topped with tomatoes from my cousin Bob’s garden, basil clipped from the plant on my counter, and fresh mozzarella. I cooked it on top of the stove in the cast iron frying pan, so the crust was very crisp. I might make it again for dinner tonight!
- I washed my comforter and hung it on the clothesline to dry. That wonderful smell makes bedtime a sensory experience.
- One good thing about not having television is that I am not inundated with political commercials and campaign coverage.
- One bad thing about not having television is that I’m missing the new show pilots and premieres. This is my favorite time of year for TV.
- Though the days are still warm, there is definitely a hint of fall in the air.
- I am reading A God in Ruins by Kay Atkinson, Daily Rituals by Mason Curry, 59 Seconds by Richard Wiseman and Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin.
- One good quote: “The greater part of happiness depends on our dispositions and not our circumstances.” ~Martha Washington
That’s it! I have nothing more to say today.