List everything you love to do outdoors:
- Walking. I love to walk out in the open air. Sometimes, when the weather has been freezing, or rainy for days on end, I do indoor walking programs. I’ve even tried a treadmill a couple times. If you want to ruin a perfectly good exercise routine, oh my gosh, just try walking inside on a treadmill!
- Gardening. I enjoy the planning and planting, the weeding, watering and harvesting. I get neglectful of it, just like everything else in my life, but reap big rewards in feelings of good energy and attachment to the earth, as well as fresh vegetables.
- Yard work. I like mowing the lawn. I like picking up fallen branches to add to the fire pit. I like some trim work. I do not like raking leaves.
- I love berry picking. Strawberries in June; raspberries in July. When I was a child, I used to ask, for my birthday present, to be able to come with Mom to pick blueberries. I could eat all I wanted, for free; we only paid for what we carried home. Right now, when the wild blackberries are ripening, I’m out every day, gathering.
- I like sitting around a campfire. Sometimes with hotdogs to roast or marshmallows to toast, but mostly, cooking outside seems more bother than it’s worth.
- Eating outside is nice, though.
- Reading. On a warm beach on a summer day, with nothing but the sound of waves and the laughter of children to divert my attention.