List the qualities you admire most in others:
(Which, by the way, are the same qualities I try hardest to cultivate in myself)
- Kindness is the most attractive quality in anyone, male or female, young or old.
- A Sense of Humor. I see humor as insight, intelligence, and an ability to look at the world from a different perspective. And isn’t it just so fun to have a good laugh?
- Tolerance. Because this world and the people in it can try the patience of a saint. So can I. Though it is sometimes good to see someone stand up for themselves against slights or injustice, I think it is too often the first response, and pushed too far. As a whole, we all need to relax a little. It is surprisingly wonderful to observe tolerance in the face of asshole behavior!
- I admire a good Work Ethic.
- Intelligence, in those that don’t feel the need to flaunt it.
- Interest and Curiosity. Those people that lean in to truly listen, and want to learn are amazing to me. I will learn from a book, or alone, mulling things over in my own head. When I’m out in the world, I’m all too worried about how I’m coming across, whether I look okay or what worthwhile thing I could say. As a shy introvert, it’s hard to focus on others, or what is going on in the world around me. I admire those that do.