List the things that make your spirit feel free:
- Warm breezes
- Summer nights
- A nice booming thunderstorm
- Walking barefoot on a sandy beach
- Singing out loud. Except for the rare “Happy Birthday” exception, I never do this in public. I sing, though, while walking through the woods or down the Fox Lake Road. I sing in the car. Sometimes, I sing in the shower. I sing to babies and dogs – who don’t care that I really can’t sing – whenever I get the chance.
- Giggling uncontrollably.
- Painting, when it’s going well
- Writing, when I’m in the zone
- Reading, when it’s inspirational
- Listening to Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits or the Beatles
- Riding bicycle – fast – down a slope that is pitched just right for speed, coasting ability and safety. No elements of danger for my free spirit!