List your dream trips:
- I’d love to travel to Egypt to see the pyramids, with a guide who could remind me of the history and the stories, and a friend who would share the magic.
- Ireland, Scotland and Germany, to visit the places my ancestors came from, and to get a sense of their lives.
- Washington D.C., at cherry blossom time, because my mom often spoke of it.
- I’d love to visit Hawaii…but not in this time. I’d like to see it as Mark Twain did, before it was a state, and before it was transformed by western industry.
- Greece, especially Athens with all of the glorious old ruins.
- Rome, for art and history: the catacombs, the baths and the Vatican.
- I’d love to see Switzerland as it was described in Heidi,
- Paris when the Impressionists were young,
- Cuba when Hemingway enjoyed it,
- and I want to welcome the new year of 1900 in New York City.
I’d like all of these trips better if I could experience them as a native, rather than a tourist…so, that’s my dream